Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be Prepared

Here are a couple of quick tips:
  • When you send out Ceremony ONLY invites, please make sure they are in very simple wording so that even a 5 year old would understand that they are for the CEREMONY ONLY. (We sent ours out yesterday to people at my work - I work in a team of 35 so there's no way we would invite them all! I've had people asking me if it's BYO etc etc etc - I had to send an email out this afternoon EXPLAINING what Ceremony Only meant....)
  • NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE GOING TO RSVP! GET READY TO CHASE THEM! Can you believe 11 days out from our wedding I am STILL chasing people for RSVPs? I find this pathetic on their behalf, but unfortunately it happens.
  • Things are going to get stressful the closer you get. Try to take a nights time out and just vege on the couch (truthfully - we have done this all week, since our big "garden working bee" over the weekend!)
  • Allow your Bridesmaids to pull out - I know this sounds insane..... One of my bridesmaids has now (I think) pulled out. She is having some VERY personal problems and suffering from Anxiety. I actually offered for her to pull out (I still haven't had it confirmed though), she is afraid it will ruin our friendship! I would prefer for her to be mind happy :)
  • STAY RELAXED AND POSITIVE!

(I will try to update more often now to keep myself a little bit sane! Don't forget to leave a comment [inc your email address] if you need an invitation for my other blog)

10 comments:

missea said...

I would love an invitation for your other blog.

Hope things settle down for you! x

WestAussie said...

whoa things sound full on.
I suppose with 11 days out it's to be expected...
I cant believe your workmates didnt get the ceremony only thing..!?
YOu sound like such a great friend allowing your BM off the hook without the guilt trip.
Best wishes for a lovely day
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicky,

I had the same problem with RSVP's for our wedding. I couldn't BELIEVE that some people could be so rude and I had to chase them up. I felt like revoking their invite ;-)

Don't worry about it, some people just don't have any manners!

Hope the rest of the plans are going well.

Lauren
xx

Kelly said...

Hey Nicky

Can I have an invite to your other blog?

Cheers
Kel

Jo Cains said...

the countdown is oh.....

can i come and view your other blog
jocains@adam.com.au

MissB said...

Hi Nicky,

Have loved reading your blog since recently discovering it! You've got some fantastic ideas for your wedding. I was just wondering if I could have an invitation to your other blog? My email address is saunders.rebecca.j@gmail.com

Good luck for Saturday!

Beck.

Mrs P to Be said...

Hey Nicky!

Your wedding is soo close now!! How exciting! I love reading your blog, and would love to have an invite to your other blog. Hopefully my email pops up with this comment.

All the best for the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Not long now!!

philippa_moore said...

So excited for you!! Can't believe it's nearly here. Hope you are enjoying every moment of this special time. xxx

Anonymous said...

would love to see some more of you wedding pics!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com